Pet Acupuncture in Des Moines
Pet acupuncture was invented decades ago and is an effective alternative treatment method for various conditions affecting pets.
Is your pet feeling unwell? Bring him to Pawsitive Strides Veterinary Rehabilitation and Therapy in Des Moines, Iowa, for acupuncture treatment. Our Des Moines veterinarian will examine your pet and identify the most suitable area to place the needles to encourage self-healing in the body. Depending on the type and severity of your pet’s condition.
What Is Pet Acupuncture?
Pet acupuncture involves the insertion of needles into the body of a pet to stimulate self-healing. It works by balancing the body’s energy, which, in turn, encourages healing. This method can be used alongside western medicine. As a pet owner, you might be concerned about your pet experiencing a lot of pain during the procedure. The good news is that the procedure is painless. You’ll be surprised that your pet will remain relaxed throughout the session and might even sleep.
Conditions Treated by Pet Acupuncture
Some of the conditions that can be treated effectively using acupuncture include:
- Traumatic nerve injuries
- Degenerative myelopathy
- Intervertebral disk disease
- Neurological problems like facial paralysis
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Musculoskeletal problems like a sore back
- Skin problems like allergic dermatitis
Benefits of Pet Acupuncture
Acupuncture has been proven to be an effective treatment method and has several benefits, which include:
- It improves blood flow in the tissues and removes toxins from the body, which is good for the overall health of your pet.
- Can be used together with other medical treatments such as chemo, to make a pet comfortable.
- It treats several conditions by promoting a self-healing mechanism in the body.
- It doesn’t cause adverse side effects.
Get Pet Acupuncture Treatment at Pawsitive Strides Veterinary Rehabilitation and Therapy in Des Moines, Iowa
If your pet is suffering from the conditions mentioned above, visit us at Pawsitive Strides Veterinary Rehabilitation and Therapy in Des Moines, Iowa, for your pet’s acupuncture treatment. When you come to us, our Des Moines veterinarian will work with you closely to ensure your pet is as comfortable during the procedure and that he will get well. Talk to our vet today at (515) 575-9655 and get more information on how we can make your pet comfortable and free from illnesses.